The school council is a very effective way for us to ensure that our pupils' ideas about the way St Mark's is run, can be heard and acted upon.
Years 2-6 democratically elect two pupils as their representatives on the Class Council, which meets weekly.
Recent initatives that the School Council have either led or been involved in include :
- The establishment of school monitor positions
- made changes and improvements to the school behaviour system
- Introduced greater incentives for promoting better attendance and punctuality
- Purchased equipment for playground use
- The design of the new school playground
In addition to this, school council representative regularly collect the views and opinions of their classmates, conduct school tours and meet with visitors to the school. They are currently involved in discussions around how we can further promote healthy eating and drinking at lunch times and have met with the school's catering manager and provided feedback on how the school menu can be improved.
Our class councillors in 2019 - 2020 are:
Yr 2 : Elijah Kiarah
Yr 3 Rosa Jastin
Yr 4 : Maria-Victoria Reece
Yr 5 : Bryan Solange
Yr 6 : Raphael Mesha